Skip to content
- Libertarian Paternalism
- Choice Architects
- Home Economicus
- people have a strong tendency to go along with the status quo or default option.
- First, never underestimate the power of inertia. Second, that power can be harnessed.
- The effects of well-chosen default options provide just one illustration of the gentle power of nudges.
- The iPod and the iPhone are good examples because not only are they elegantly styled, but it is also easy for the user to get the devices to do what they want.
- Knowing something about the cognitive system has allowed others to discover systematic biases in the
way we think.
- three heuristics, or rules of thumb—anchoring, availability, and representativeness
- Defaults: Padding the Path of Least Resistance